- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

Club slowly dieing again and forum is dead

Animus33

Club slowly dieing again and forum is dead

Post by Animus33 on Tue May 07, 2013 9:06 pm

I think the club needs a big uplift again the forum is dead and less ppl are going to club again I think we need some tournaments and more events closer together in the calendar year

Animus33

Re: Club slowly dieing again and forum is dead

Post by Animus33 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:06 pm

A lot of ppl have got really tired of the ladder as it takes too long to get a game as ppl playing a lot on week 3 and not letting the ladder to move as much as it could have but like I say its the first time so things will be learned I think we need some new admins as well ppl that have more time in there hands and are always at the club as most of the admins are really busy most of the time. There's so many ppl out there playing warhammer that cant come to club or just dont know about it which is a shame I think making tournaments more often will make these ppl come more even if its to watch with the correct advertisement! Also feel if there were more admins willing to the club can open on more days during the week as those rooms are free in most days

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Sat and sunday mornings will be good also as you can open at 9am play ur game and be finished by 12 -1pm and so have the rest of the day free, I roughly now about 10 ppl that play warhammer and don't come to club as the hours are realy weird but would be interested in tournaments

Rakoo
    Admin

Post by Rakoo on Tue May 07, 2013 11:12 pm

My 2 cents:

1) Morning hours are ok as long as there are people coming. Imagine you have ~20 ppl in club which are doing their best to be in the club at 4pm. Now it's 6-8 people usually. What can happen when you extend those hours without building up player group is that those 6-8 players will now split into all those days being 2 Sat morning, 3 Sat evening and 1 Sunday morning.

If this will go together with more people coming - it's great idea. From those 10 people you know how many of them will be coming regularly? Seeing current group - this new people will add 2-3 people playing every week.

2) Ads. You cannot organize tournament and advertise it only on FB. It would be nice to make club poster and put it in some places (like La Linea store or such). Don't know how this works here. Only suggestion.

I'm trying hard to bring my friends to the club... but they're 3000 km away Razz

Our new forum: www.warbastion.com

Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia on Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm

The ladder will be over shortly within the next few weeks after which there are plans for a mini campaign and a separate event that will not be mentioned yet.

Every business/club has its peaks and its dips. Once it gets closer to the summer time there is always a dip and that has been the case every year for the last 5 years of running the club. The answer is not to simply throw out tournaments because people will lose interest fast when the same face/faces win every single time, it’s what has happened before. Also if every week was an event week, people will not show the enthusiasm needed and you’ll disperse the interest and the players for each event over the year. Basically that means fewer players for each event, and not as much fun overall.

Yes I agree that there has been less admin attendance over the past few weeks, but for personal/work/holidays/etc matters, not all of us have been able to make an appearance regularly. Saying that, Dorian and I still attend the club regularly, the remaining admins have their reasons, but they are still very much in tune with what’s happening. To coin a phrase I have said before here, “too many cooks spoil the broth”.

With regards to the opening times, we do not own the leisure centre. They have been helpful enough in providing us the premises and store room free of charge. We are no one to dominate the privilege of all of the tables over the entire span of the weekends; because there are other clubs/events (whether they happen regularly or not, they do happen) they will also be in demand for the facilities. If we had our own location under a key and lock, then we could be a lot more flexible in our opening hours.

Oh and Maciej, that’s no excuse for your friends, they should make the effort Razz . I do agree with what you say about the advertising beyond facebook.

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:17 am

1) im not saying just throw up tournaments and do them every week just saying make them atleast once evey 2 months and your very wrong about ppl thinking the way you say about getting tored of the same ppl winning as a lot of ppl don't play just to win!

2)I don't mean add extra admins but just maybe some ppl would like to step aside and let other ppl with more time in there hands and fresh ideas to be an admin??? just saying

3) my uncle is the leisure centre manager and I have already spoken to him on numerous occasions about times and he says theres a lot of spaces free during the weekend and week the 4pm time is very difficult to attend for most ppl that's the biggest excuse ppl give and all other ppl that I know play and don't come to club because of the time I have mentioned this before and admins say that this is the only time they can really attend but we have to talk about this as maybe changing time or opening on a second day at a more convenient time will get more ppl interested in coming as dayan is currently playing with about 5 or 6 new players that cant make it on sat at 4 same goes for some of my friends maybe some admins cant make 4 but 5 other ppl can make it at 10am ??

Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett on Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 am

This was posted in the "Events and General Club Info" forum.

Suggesting that Admins should step down, discussing changing club opening times is not appropriate to that forum, please stay on topic.

Thread moved to Feedback section.

-

Now. . . . .all . . isss . . . dusssstt.....

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Wed May 08, 2013 1:41 am

como siempre no se puede dici nada asin ke se aburren la hente loland as always misunderstood fully

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Wed May 08, 2013 1:45 am

as always im trying to help that is all i just think admins should listen a bit more to what ppl really want lo ke pasa ke yo soy uno de los pocos ke siempre ablo lol

Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia on Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 am

Animus33 wrote:1) im not saying just throw up tournaments and do them every week just saying make them atleast once evey 2 months and your very wrong about ppl thinking the way you say about getting tored of the same ppl winning as a lot of ppl don't play just to win!

We have had an event almost every 2 months as it is:
    December: tourney
    January: Ladder started
    March: Apocalypse
    June/July: Campaign

That and there are other plans in the pipe works.

2)I don't mean add extra admins but just maybe some ppl would like to step aside and let other ppl with more time in there hands and fresh ideas to be an admin??? just saying

There is nothing stopping you or anyone else from voicing their opinions and ideas. That's the whole point, we want that from everyone.

3) my uncle is the leisure centre manager and I have already spoken to him on numerous occasions about times and he says theres a lot of spaces free during the weekend and week the 4pm time is very difficult to attend for most ppl that's the biggest excuse ppl give and all other ppl that I know play and don't come to club because of the time I have mentioned this before and admins say that this is the only time they can really attend but we have to talk about this as maybe changing time or opening on a second day at a more convenient time will get more ppl interested in coming as dayan is currently playing with about 5 or 6 new players that cant make it on sat at 4 same goes for some of my friends maybe some admins cant make 4 but 5 other ppl can make it at 10am ??

The more you open the club, the more you will divide the players. The longer hours you keep the club open, the fewer players will be together at any given time. It will also make booking games extremely complicated. The hours and day it is on at the moment is the time that most of the regular players can make it, and is enough time to have a single leisurely, fairly large, game. There is nothing stopping anyone of these other players from arranging games on the forum, whether it is to be played in the club, at their home or in a lunar rocket, it's not a problem.

Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett on Wed May 08, 2013 2:26 am

@Steven, please note that your comments have only been moved to the Feedback section - not deleted or ignored. If you would like to discuss the issues you have raised further please continue to do so in this Topic forum [Feedback].

I would also encourage any and all other club members, to also take the opportunity to do the same as you have. Post here any suggestions or ideas you think would be good for the club. Furthermore If you you see someone's post and you think what that person suggests is a good idea then please post on the forum and support it!

But i hope everyone understands that we cannot make club-wide changes based on the voice of only 1 individual when the rest of the club remains silent, even more when the changes suggested will assuredly affect all club members.

Many Thanks
    Dan

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Wed May 08, 2013 2:41 am

you have to ask ppl to get there suggestions im sure everybody would be happy for a change of time

Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett on Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 am

I am sure that as young and not so young adults they are all quite capable of making the effort of voicing their own opinions on the forum much the same as you have.

DAYAN
    Guardsman

Post by DAYAN on Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 am

I can see there are a lot of valid points, maybe we should hold a once a year general meeting to give people a chance to voice there opiniuns face to face

I can also see that Pardo is quite committed maybe the club should vote in their admins in a general vote for a years period, volunteers could put themselves forward, and let the club choose.

That would be fair I believe, this way if people agree with Pardo he could be in a position make a difference if he wished to.

Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett on Thu May 09, 2013 12:29 am

Hi Dayan,

You have suggested holding an "Annual General Meeting" and also "Annual Admin Elections". I think both of these suggestions are good and eventually will be the way forward.

There are several pre-requisites that I feel would need to be met prior to Admin voting being made a reality.

As you can appreciate the War Bastion is a complete labour of love from a small group of friends and we would be reluctant to relinquish our care of it to another completely without making sure that the continuity of the War Bastion was guaranteed lest it dissipate like so many other gaming clubs in Gibraltar's history.

Nonetheless both suggestions have merit and will be discussed within the Admin team.
    You will have an update regarding your two suggestions next week.

If any one has any other feedback they feel would like to be considered please do not hesitate to post it in a separate thread in this Feedback Forum.

This will give us a better view on all feedback submitted and also on any responses pending from us.

Many Thanks
    Dan

Imperial2012
    Guardsman

Post by Imperial2012 on Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 am

hi I ve been reading all of pardos suggestions and dayans.

1) I think the club opening for longer hours i.e. mornings maybe 10 am onwards, obviously if there isn't another club event happening during those times, would give people with family or other social commitments a chance to play at the club as the current hours are in the middle of the day its hard to plan anything else apart from warhammer. also with summer coming u could play ur match early in the morning and then head to the beach by 12-1pm,as an example. im sure a lot of more players would turn up which admins should take note of its abot numbers at the end of the day

2)I understand that without the current admins there probably would not be a warhammer club and I am greatful that they have taken the time and dedication to build a social group out of there spare time but I think there should be more communication between the admins and the people who attend the club. maybe a yearly or every couple of months meeting as dayan suggested or some other way admins could gain information from people who attended or post more polls but this time make the most posted answer happen.

3) I believe more tournaments as the one we had in October/November? should be held or even doubles tournaments?
    Events such as the ladder are very exciting at the beginning but as time goes on and people not playing enough games staying locked for weeks not allowing other people to challenge and play other new armies it becomes stale which I believe has been the reason for some drop outs.
    I have never had more fun playing warhammer as I did the day we played the tourney it was amazing and many people agree.

Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon on Thu May 09, 2013 2:58 am

i appreciate the feedback, but all this qq about tournaments.

Sigh

The admin team have said for quite a while about organising an event every 2-3 months.

In this year alone, we have held 3 events, 5 months have passed, so we are actually keeping to those numbers, we now have a summer campaign starting, that makes 4, we also have 2 other tournament/events being planned, but these are scheduled for after summer.

You guys need to give the admin team more time, or at least provide relative feedback earlier.

With summer coming up the club will die, it happens every year, for those that have not been attending the club for too long you will learn this lesson shortly.

As to comment of starting earlier in summer, sorry thats unrealistic. In the past ppl qq'd about starting at 4pm because they like going out on a Friday night and feel they dont have enough time to recover (pure weakness imo), how do you suggest starting at 10am during the time of the year that sees more ppl going out fridays.

Also beach you'll find most familys and ppl would rather go to beach earlier in day and then leave beach at 3-4pm (e.g. caleta when the sun sets around that time on the beach), instead you suggest playing early (games take 3-5 hrs) and what go to beach at 2pm, during the hottest time for what? a cpl of hours.

I like feedback and suggestions, but please think of the bigger picture before proposing dreams.

DAYAN
    Guardsman

Post by DAYAN on Thu May 09, 2013 7:34 am

Summer will definately have the impact Dorian states especially with people beaching it, and its true that there have been quite a few events throughout the last 5 months.

I believe from the comments that have been stated people are just looking for a little more flexibility. Remember the bastion is a public amenity any can go book the rooms if they are free and use them to play when they choose, however as stated this can limit players meeting each other as the club is a social thing, also you might as well play at home in that case which i'm sure for some is more comfortable..

Also there is nothing stopping people from doing there own tournaments of events, just state what the idea is and see who is interested. i'm sure that if there is enough interest people will help out, example every time there has been an event elvis and I book the officers club to help out.

We cant all cry to the admins and then sit on our lorels do nothing expecting them to carry everything forward. That would be a little unfair on them as i'm sure they to are busy people.

Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon on Thu May 09, 2013 9:54 am

Nothing stops anyone having a game during their own time.

We have already made many arguments about separating the hours of the club and as a result its player base. i believe Maciej made the point rather well on the 1st page.

Im not suggesting you dont say things.

What id like to suggest instead of throwing a squirly on the website and saying things like:
    - “As always mejon no dici nada”
    - “I don't mean add extra admins but just maybe some ppl would like to step aside and let other ppl with more time in there hands and fresh ideas to be an admin??? just saying”

Perhaps address points better, come with facts and figures and a proposal. With outbursts all you do is shoot yourself in the foot. (this is coming from me and I have plenty of exp in this)

The opening hours on a Sunday especially for summer is a dud idea, It will not work. We are running other events and some of them will be declared shortly.

We have what looks like a doubles tournament in the works and a Champions League format tournament also in the works.

Unfortunately until these are revised and the admin team are ready to present them to the club we tend to keep it within the admin forums. This is not because we are hiding information or not willing to share or any other reason, but rather a sense of professionalism; the team has to make sure a plan is looked at correctly before it is half arsed proposed to the Club.

There has been a lot of feedback recently and the Admin team are reviewing all comments made, however please allow time for the team to tackle and address these.

ElvisIsntDead
    Marine

Post by ElvisIsntDead on Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 am

Dam it, just wrote a long msg and lost it.....

Anyway, in short, all points are being discussed, Well done to steven P for the last tournie, if anyone else wants to do one and use club scenery, just ask first, we will keep you updated with what we are talking about Smile

Elvis

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 am

I didnt use club scenary

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:01 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:01 am