- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

Finally Finish my Army!

Animus33

Finally Finish my Army!

Post by Animus33 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Apart from the couple of models i never use (Mortors, Ogryns, & a couple of other stuff) i have given myself the challenge of finishing my whole army(Painted) before the 1st of March.

and so it began yesterday with basing over 70 troops and undercoating my last 4 remaining tanks Sad merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Zahariel
    Guardsman

Re: Finally Finish my Army!

Post by Zahariel on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:40 am

I thought I had a lot to do!

Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:06 am

Good luck mate Smile

I still got to finish my last 60-odd tyranid models and then i would have all 400 or so models fully painted Very Happy . At the moment though i'm trying to get some of my 300 eldar models painted up for the ladder, so we'll see when i can find the time to do it all lol.

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 am

ok here are 14 more troops and 4 heavy weapons painted will base them before sat!

still left and 14 days left!

6 lascannon heavy weapon teams (Based)
    3 chimeras (based)
    1 leman russ punisher with heavy bolter sponsons (half done)
    finish vendetta half done
    finish ratlings half done!

not doing as i never use
    mortor teams and ogryns!

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 am

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 am

Painted Fully and based already

60Guardsmen (let the platoon cheese lists commense!)

10 Snipers

7 heavy weapons

1 valkyrie

10 Storm Troopers

2 Chimera

1 Manticore

1 Basilisk

2 Leman Russ battle tanks

2 Punishers

1 demolisher

1 Executioner

1 Creed

2 Commissors

1 lord commissor

1 Standard Bearer

1 Master of Ordance

1 Psyker

1 Aegis Defence Line

3 Meltra guns

6 Flamers

Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:42 am

Nice work, how much have you got left to do?

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 am

6 lascannon heavy weapon teams (Based)
    3 chimeras (based)
    1 leman russ punisher with heavy bolter sponsons (half done)
    finish vendetta half done
    finish ratlings half done!

Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:48 am

gratz dude, good job. Now paint my Dark eldar, ogres and some speshhh marines.

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am

Pics tomorrow

Last edited by Animus33 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am

Chimeras done ratlings done!

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:52 pm

7 days to go

only 3 heavy weapons 4 ogryns and 1 leman russ to go!!! can i do it..........????

Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 pm

God i need to invent/create/steal a painting-motivation-transferrance machine :p

Good job bud!

Now. . . . .all . . isss . . . dusssstt.....

Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Kelmacett wrote:God i need to invent/create/steal a painting-motivation-transferrance machine :p

Good job bud!

Unfortunately there is no quick easy solution in getting it done (besides getting a painting service to do it for you lol)

Here's a little article to help you figure out ways to get motivated.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Getting_Motivated_to_Paint

I myself just turned on the tv and had that as my background noise. I find it very hard to do when there's total silence. But what i think helped me plough through the most was forcing myself into targets. When using the tyranids i would purposely include models/units that i normally wouldn't in order for me to have them painted for the following week. Granted the level of "detail" that i painted them in was a very basic table top standard, but it suited me just fine. Especially knowing the fact that i might actually have my entire army done, as opposed to wanting to paint it to a higher standard and never finding the motivation to do 400 models the same. Besides for me they look good enough to play with, but i certainly won't be taking them into any painting competitions haha.

But anyway, i'm glad Steven that you've almost got your entire guard army fully painted. They're looking great and being a horde player myself (and owning enough eldar models to possibly even call them a horde army haha) know how difficult it is. Good job, can't wait to see a photo with all of them together Smile

On a side note, i like how your photography is getting the club members back into painting. It's making the club look more awesome and professional. Although we might ask if some people won't mind doing the club some favours in painting a piece of scenery. If we all manage to do just one, we'll have all the tables fully done, but that is something we will discuss in more detail in the near future.

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 pm

give yourself an objective dat! its helped me also have everything out in one corner of the house all the time paints and models to be painted you will not believe the amount of times u sit down and paint even if its for 10min lol mine is beside the tv so even better finished these off yesterday whilst watching barca play!

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 pm

would love to do some scenary mate no probs with that. Yep photography helps alot a visual is always good and looks so nice! about 3 years ago me and my friends would only play with painted models to have a initiative to paint has much as possible to field as much as possible has 3000pts of orks painted becoz of that! Smile

it looks so much better to have painted models on the table it just looks nice and makes you want to play more.... on another note it hurts more when there killed hahah especially when it takes about 3 days to paint 10 guardemen and they all die like flys asa the match starts hahaha

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:36 pm

also having all the terrain in the club painted will look much better! maybe we can organise a day were no games are played just painting scenary

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Finished 2 Lascannon squads and 2 mortor squads

still to do Ogryns and 3 last lascannon squads

then base about 30 of them and finish will post pics later

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi guys its the 4th of March and so my project date has passed it didnt go 100% as planned but it has helped me to nearly paint, base and complete my army !

below is a photo of my army i have only included in the pic everything that is 110% finished (painted, based and happy with)

as you can see there is some things missing which i have painted but im not entirely happy with and so have obted no to include in photo

missing are 1x devil dog 1x vendetta 5 x ogryns 3x lascannons 2x mortors 1xleman russ with pask 1x commander 1x chimera 1x phyker 1x master of the fleet most of these models are 90% finished some need basing others just some extra highlights etc etc but due to a overload of work and training last week i did not manage to finish them on time for the 1st of march which was my target anyway still happy with how much has been done i will in a couple of weeks show some pics of the rest of the army as i go finishing them completely

hope you like

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Animus33

Post by Animus33 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:12 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:12 am