- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

Where do i start??

egon52
    Guardsman

Where do i start??

Post by egon52 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:19 pm

I've just had a look at Vangeleons Cryx Army witch dose really look good, and im quite intersted in playing war machine but where the hell do i start? ive been on privateer press's website but ive no idear of where to start ie rule book, what army to chose and why etc.

can any one tell me the best place to start, and dose that shop in the shopping centre sell them or is it back to good old amazon?

Thanks

Kelmacett
    Admin

Re: Where do i start??

Post by Kelmacett on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Right here we go:

To buy your stuff:
    (1) Not sure about stock but K&M Hobby at the ICC have battle boxes for Warmachine and Hordes and Rulebooks plus some extra blister packs and regiment boxes. If they dont have what you need you can order what you need from here.
    (2) There is a shop in a la linea which sells Warmachine and Hordes, has more variety but is more expensive. Oh and im useless at giving directions so I cant really tell ya where it is.

To get started:
    Pop round this saturday to the club there will be a Hordes v Hordes game and a Warmachine v Hordes game (both 25 points). So you can watch the games and get a feel for them.

On playing the game:
    Battle College covers every single choice for both Warmachine and Hordes. Legallly they cannot publish the exact rule and wording but they are very accurate on their assessment of what each unit is capable of. You can read up on every thing here and get tips on combos and army builds.

http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/

On Rules and everything else:
    The Forums in the privateer press website are great. The mods are active and rules query are very quickly answered by both players and mods.

http://privateerpressforums.com/index.php

These are your tools mate!

Now. . . . .all . . isss . . . dusssstt.....

Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Difference between Warmachine and Hordes:

Warmachine: Warcasters, Focus and Warjacks.
    Hordes: Warlocks, Fury and Warbeasts.

Well there's more to it than that.

Warcasters power originates within themselves, this power is called FOCUS. Focus points are generated / replenished by the Warcaster every turn but a Warcaster can only ever have as many Focus Points as his FOCUS stat.

A Warcaster can spend Focus points to power spells, abilities, boosting or assign points to his Warjacks so that they can use these points to use their spells, abilities etc....

Warlocks power orginates from their ability to absorb and manipulate the primal rage beasts generate. This ability is called FURY. A Warlock can only ever have as many Fury Points as his FURY stat.

A Warlock leeches the Fury points generated by his beasts and can then use them to power spells, abilities and boost attacks. A Warlock does not assign Fury points to his Warbeasts.

Warbeasts generate their own Fury Points when they are Forced by the Warlock. A Warlock who Forces a beast to boost (improve chance) to hit in combat will add a Fury point to the beast for example. A beast has a FURY stat and cannot accumulate more Fury points than its FURY stat.

These are the two marked differences between the two systems of play in every other aspect the rules are identical and the game is in fact one and the same and set in the same world.

Here is a very rough guide to the armies available:
    Warmachine
    Cygnar: The Empire from Warhammer (equivalent) with a Space Marine look and you cant go wrong.
    Khador: As above but Russians.
    Cryx: Dragon Worshipping Undead Empire with corrupted Pirate Fleets.
    Protectorate of Menoth: Think the Crusaders and their enemies merged into one army.
    Retribution Of Scryah: Cant really say but Eldar comparisons are not far off.
    Mercenaries: What it says on the box so a smattering of mercs for and from all of the above which can be divided into groups with differing objectives: Piracy / Wealth / political agenda etc..

Hordes
    Trollbloods: Scottish tribal trolls that look like Drenai from WOW.
    Legion of Everblight: An army of spawned monsters derived from the Alien (Movie) gene pool and draconic-creator Everblight.
    Circle of Orboros: Warhammer Wood Elves and Beastmen in one army.
    Skorne: Japanese / Mongol, necrach-looking, tortures / beast handling invaders from the East.
    Minions: Like the Mercs but for Hordes divided into two Pacts. The Blindwater Congregation and The Thornfall Alliance.

Right im done for the night best do some work lol.

Cya

Now. . . . .all . . isss . . . dusssstt.....

Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Kelmacett wrote:
    Retribution Of Scryah: Cant really say but Eldar comparisons are not far off.

Retribution Of Scryrah: Think starcraft protoss Wink

Yeah i'm going to be having a hordes game this Sat, using a bastardisation of 40k models Razz . I'm new and I've just recently got some of the basics down, although haven't yet invested the time in playing for blood just yet *ahem* Laughing

Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 pm

kk

on the website u can view the different armys of warmachine by clicking here.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery

or for hordes by clicking below.

http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery

You can also find quick rules for both systems below

http://privateerpress.com/files/Hordes%20MkII%20DemoRules-WEB.pdf

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/the-game (front n back)

The above will also show some stats for the starter boxes.

But like advised by kel above, pop round to club this weekend as cpl games happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:16 am