- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

Dawn of War: Soulstorm- Cheese.

WAM117
    Scout
    Scout

Dawn of War: Soulstorm- Cheese.

Post by WAM117 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:07 am

I was playing afew online matches (by afew I mean 50) the past week and noticed that every army has something called a cheese tactic. Seeing as I only use Tau in Soulstorm, I decided to make a cheese tactic aswell.
    Every other cheese tactic goes something like this.

Space Marines: Arm everyone with Heavy Bolter/Missile Launcher and camp and camp and camp....

Chaos Space Marines: Upgrade everything as quick as possible and then infiltrate and army of Chaos Marines with Plasma Guns.

Imperial Guard:(This one was submitted by James.) Insist of playing on the map Into the Breach and place Basilisks in every bunker. Keep them firing and camp your 100 Guard.

Necron: Destroy your own Necrons by pressing the delete button, then bringing them all back with the ressurection, giving you an army of about 200 warriors (Yes I have tried this before, and it is unbeatable!)

Sisters of Battle: Upgrade them all with Flamers, and give them this upgrade where either Bolters and HB shoot flames before firing lead, or the flames become even more overpowered.

Dark Eldar: Only played about 7 matches against them, but it seems everyone puts their troops inside transports, swarms with Hellions and Talos'.

Orks: The average Ork player goes for a typical rusher faggot move with about 300 Orks, impossible to kill them all before they reach you, and when they reach you they would still have about 250 left.

Eldar: Make a Vyper army and line them all beside each other so they can't shoot each other. Camp Fire Dragons and Dark Reapers behind them and they can still shoot (very realistic that Fire Dragons can shoot from the other side of the map.)

And finally..... the Tau!: I normally go Broadside/Battlesuit heavy, also throw in 3 Barracudas, accompanied by afew Hammerheads or Knarloc if I use teaching of Kayun (I think?) around 30 Kroot and swarm of 40 battlesuits with Burst Cannons and Sergeant. This normally takes up 16/20 for infantry (not including the Battlesuits) and 18/20 for vehicles. For added cheesyness I sometimes put in 2 empty Devilfish which normally get taken down in 10 seconds, but it's 10 seconds less of firing on my main army.

Well that's my cheese tactic rant over, if any of you have suffered from this before please share it here. Smile

William.

JcG117
    Scout
    Scout

Re: Dawn of War: Soulstorm- Cheese.

Post by JcG117 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:24 am

For the necrons You could play into the breach and teleporting a fully restored monolith into the enemy base in under 5 minutes.

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:01 am