- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

SIGN UP TO OUR NEW FACEBOOK PAGE!
ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

    Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Share

    Damkat
    Admin

    Posts : 533
    Join date : 2010-03-09

    Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Damkat on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 am

    Ok guys, with much heartache i have to say that most marines players including myself have been using the Land raider incorrectly.

    Rather than moving 12", disembarking 2", moving 6" and finally asaulting 6" making the total effective assault range 26";

    it should be move 12", disembark 2" and finally assault 6" making an assault range of 20".

    Basically if the vehicle moves the models disembarking cannot move.

    ElvisIsntDead
    Marine

    Posts : 304
    Join date : 2010-03-10
    Age : 31
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by ElvisIsntDead on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 am

    Makes sense when you say it out loud Smile cock up on the assault vehicle ruling there!

    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 am

    Also a rule which i've noticed that has never been used is:

    A unit assaults a vehicle during their turn and does not destroy it. In the follow players turn if he has not moved the vehicle for whatever reason, or has only pivoted it, then the unit can assault the vehicle again during their opponents assault phase.


    _________________



    Kelmacett
    Admin

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Age : 37
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Kelmacett on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:40 am

    Nice didnt know that, now my tomb spyders will get an extra round to break through a land raiders hull (its not as easy as it sounds - lol).


    _________________
    We were proud warriors of the Emperor, Truest sons of the Crimson King, Masters of the Great Ocean.
    Until the coming of Wolves, Great Burning, Mutatis Mutandis,
    and the Rubric absolute.

    Now. . . . .all . . isss . . . dusssstt.....

    Vangeleon
    Moderator

    Posts : 631
    Join date : 2010-05-24

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Vangeleon on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:06 am

    Anarkhia wrote:Also a rule which i've noticed that has never been used is:

    A unit assaults a vehicle during their turn and does not destroy it. In the follow players turn if he has not moved the vehicle for whatever reason, or has only pivoted it, then the unit can assault the vehicle again during their opponents assault phase.

    dont u always disegage from combat with vehicle, and have to step back an inch?

    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:08 am

    Vangeleon wrote:
    Anarkhia wrote:Also a rule which i've noticed that has never been used is:

    A unit assaults a vehicle during their turn and does not destroy it. In the follow players turn if he has not moved the vehicle for whatever reason, or has only pivoted it, then the unit can assault the vehicle again during their opponents assault phase.

    dont u always disegage from combat with vehicle, and have to step back an inch?

    Nope you don't move at all. Also when it is the opponents turn your unit don't count as charging, but even if they don't move in your turn after and you decide to assault the vehicle again, they count as charging again. All this unless the vehicle is a walker


    _________________



    Damkat
    Admin

    Posts : 533
    Join date : 2010-03-09

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Damkat on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:57 am

    This is with regards to the Mulocs tongue Terror of the deep:

    I read the codex and FAQ and it seems that they can affect models in close combat, however ALL models under the template (including friendly) are affected and it doesnt say that u can target a model in close combat directly (can scatter).

    This is a point of contention that we need clarified however. It doesnt say what type of attack it is. However IMO seeing that you get cover saves from it, implies that it is a shotting attack (since you can only get cover saves from shooting)thus all rules pertaining to shooting should be followed (even though its done in the movement phase); eg: wound allocation, shooting into cc, cover saves etc.

    Please add your thoughts so we can come to a conclusion ASAP.

    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:18 pm

    Yeah it does affect everyone under the template, was talking about this on sat.

    The mawloc can deep strike into close combat as there are rules for what happens if that's the case in the codex. The faq as well does not limit where he may enter from.

    Also shooting into cc does not exist and was a custom rule; cover saves though become slightly more complex. The 2 solutions are either:
    - the marker is placed and cover is drawn in straight lines from there (as ordnance)
    - cover is granted to those models in cover


    In my honest opinion i recon the models will have to be in cover to get the cover saves. This is because the terror of the deep is not treated as a "blast" weapon (it just happens to use the same template). Nor is it treated as a template anymore (faq reworded the word "template" to "marker" in the rule description), so because of that cover is not ignored either. Though when the marker touches the vehicle and hits it on the rear it still counts as a S6 hit, regardless where the centre of the marker lands, so there's no reason why for infantry it should work differently. It gives me the impression that anything underneith the marker is hit as an individual to where they are, and not affected by friendly models around


    _________________



    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:23 am

    Also noticed that the mycetic spore can apparantly shoot in both, my and the enemies shooting phases

    the rule is written as so: "the mycetic spore automatically shoots the closest enemy unit in each shooting phase unless engaged in close combat"

    This codex never seems to suprise me, and i bet there's more little things like this that i'm missing. It's also so badly worded in lots of places that it makes me wonder if some rules are written correctly or not.


    _________________



    Kelmacett
    Admin

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Age : 37
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Kelmacett on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 am

    I think I will be able to tolerate the cheese fest for a few more seconds but WOT!!!!!!

    Okay decision time soooo:

    Mawloc rule:
    Place marker
    scatter
    Anything underneath is hit
    Cover saves apply if the model is in cover (inside a forest or building template) or has a cover automatically - such as items, special rules, turbo boost etc

    YAY OR NAY?

    Myceptic Spore:
    Deep strikes as normal
    Shoots in its shooting phase
    Shoots in our shooting phase
    We ram the spore up Julian's marmite track.

    YAY OR NAY?



    _________________
    We were proud warriors of the Emperor, Truest sons of the Crimson King, Masters of the Great Ocean.
    Until the coming of Wolves, Great Burning, Mutatis Mutandis,
    and the Rubric absolute.

    Now. . . . .all . . isss . . . dusssstt.....

    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 am

    Kelmacett wrote:
    Myceptic Spore


    _________________



    Damkat
    Admin

    Posts : 533
    Join date : 2010-03-09

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Damkat on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 am

    Anarkhia wrote:Yeah it does affect everyone under the template, was talking about this on sat.

    The mawloc can deep strike into close combat as there are rules for what happens if that's the case in the codex. The faq as well does not limit where he may enter from.

    Also shooting into cc does not exist and was a custom rule; cover saves though become slightly more complex. The 2 solutions are either:
    - the marker is placed and cover is drawn in straight lines from there (as ordnance)
    - cover is granted to those models in cover


    In my honest opinion i recon the models will have to be in cover to get the cover saves. This is because the terror of the deep is not treated as a "blast" weapon (it just happens to use the same template). Nor is it treated as a template anymore (faq reworded the word "template" to "marker" in the rule description), so because of that cover is not ignored either. Though when the marker touches the vehicle and hits it on the rear it still counts as a S6 hit, regardless where the centre of the marker lands, so there's no reason why for infantry it should work differently. It gives me the impression that anything underneith the marker is hit as an individual to where they are, and not affected by friendly models around

    I dunno its a very contentious point. I would personally say like any other blast marker/template you cannot target into CC, but can scattrer into CC. Otherwise a 3 mawloc list would be almost invincible, even to dedicated CC armies.

    Also there are rules for blast markers hitting your own troops and enemy troops engaged in CC, however it doesnt mean that you can specifically target them.

    Lets say you can target enemy models in CC. You cant however deliberately place the marker to cover friendly models as with all all other rules in the game.

    We need to make a club ruling on this. The spore shooting is quite clear cut in my opinion.

    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:19 am

    Being able to place the blast marker ontop of units in combat as long as my own models aren't hit (intensionally) makes perfect sense to me, and i have no problem with that as it coincides with the rule that you can't purposely shoot/assault friendly units.


    _________________



    Damkat
    Admin

    Posts : 533
    Join date : 2010-03-09

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Damkat on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 am

    Anarkhia wrote:Being able to place the blast marker ontop of units in combat as long as my own models aren't hit (intensionally) makes perfect sense to me, and i have no problem with that as it coincides with the rule that you can't purposely shoot/assault friendly units.

    You cant purposly shoot in CC either.

    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:28 am

    but it's not a shooting attack either, it is a deep strike that is allowed to be placed over where existing enemy models stand


    _________________



    Damkat
    Admin

    Posts : 533
    Join date : 2010-03-09

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Damkat on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 am

    hmmm...

    not convinced, however i think we should put it to a vote.

    Vangeleon
    Moderator

    Posts : 631
    Join date : 2010-05-24

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Vangeleon on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 pm

    tbh no issues from me here.

    every army in this game has atleast 1 or 2 rules which defy the norm.

    orcs
    nids
    tau
    necrons
    spacemarines

    so much so i say we leave it as it stands and keep all these traits equal.

    Anarkhia
    Admin

    Posts : 673
    Join date : 2010-03-09
    Age : 32
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Anarkhia on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:49 pm

    But wait!.. There's more lol

    When a hive tyrant joins a tyrant guard unit, it becomes an independent character in a unit. Therefore as the tyrant guards are infantry, they can get a cover save from gaunts which will give my hive tyrant a cover save too.



    _________________



    Kelmacett
    Admin

    Posts : 380
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Age : 37
    Location : Gibraltar

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Kelmacett on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:26 am

    lolol

    pmsl

    Funny but now we have to kill you. Smile

    It's the law.



    _________________
    We were proud warriors of the Emperor, Truest sons of the Crimson King, Masters of the Great Ocean.
    Until the coming of Wolves, Great Burning, Mutatis Mutandis,
    and the Rubric absolute.

    Now. . . . .all . . isss . . . dusssstt.....

    Sponsored content

    Re: Rules that have been used wrongly.

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:16 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:16 am